September 2019 Business Meeting Notes

Hy-Vee East Meeting Room

11 September 2019

Attending:  William, Juliana, Tatiana, Rune (Jon), Ben, Sophie, Brigida, Avelyn, Avelyn’s friend, Sifrid, Sofya, Jutte, Gobban, Gwyn, Tiernan, Nonahme

Seneschal: Nothing new

Chatelaine: Nothing new.

MOY: Nothing new.

Exchequer:

  • The accounts are the same except…
  • Juliana turns in receipts for food from the Unfaire, book for the demo, silk painting dyes.
  • Sofya turns in receipt for renewing the Shire website domain name.

A&S:

  • August A&S – the scroll covers were given to Crown and appreciated.
  • September A&S meeting – work on stuff for William and Juliana?

Fighter Marshal: position vacant

Archery Marshal: We had archery practice last weekend and it was fun.

Chronicler: Next issue in early October – please start sending stuff.  He has a couple of pictures for the Demo.

Herald:

  • We have re-submission in for and Stasi (in being decided at Laurel).
  • William’s new device was registered in the June letter! This is the defining instance of a costrel in SCA heraldry.

Web Minister:

  • Our current web hosting expires on the 15th, transitioning to the kingdom hosting.   The switchover was going to happen last weekend, but the Kingdom Webminister was ill.  So we’ll try again this weekend.
  • The domain name has been renewed for 2 years. 
  • The webpage has been converted to a WordPress site that “anyone” can edit fairly easily
  • The Shire email forwarding will be managed by G-suite via the Kingdom, more details to come
  • And Sofya needs a replacement… we vote to have Rune take over as web minister with Sofya as his deputy.

Upcoming Events:

Wartburg College Demo – 2nd weekend in October, same weekend as Crown Tournament (the 10th) so we’ll pass this year, see if Deodar wants it

Feast of Fools Inn – Stasi, assisted by Jutte, Gida, Sofya, Zina, Nonahme.  Free will donation.

  • Stasi maybe going with Jutte to scope out the site on the 21st.
  • Runzas, a couple of soups, veggie/meat/cheese tray.  Gida to make shrewsbury cakes.  Jutte to make a couple of batches of cookies, boil some eggs.  Lemonade, ice/hot water, teas, hot cocoa, coffee.  Stasi and Gida bringing hot water carafes.
  • Juliana will be occupied with her vigil.  She will make runzas ahead of time, though.
  • Sofya needs to check the cups, napkins and the trays.

Elevation of William and Juliana, Esther coordinating

  • Juliana making leather bookmark vigil tokens
  • Vigil – needs runzas.  Gida going to make pelican-stamped shortbread cookies.  Period gingerbread, Jutte to do viking flatbread.
  • Esther working on medallions for them.
  • Sewing – fabric for Juliana, someone to sew William’s cloak, fabric
  • Tatiana to sew a sideless surcoat for Juliana.
  • They’re going to need benches to sit instead of kneeling (Juliana pinning).

Gobban is looking at a church in Waverly, St. Paul’s, that might be a possibility for hosting a crown tourney so we agree to see what he’s got and maybe aim for a bid for Spring Crown 2021 (bids due spring 2020).  He’s looking at a cost of $600, dry site, indoor fighting.  Jutte says that the Floyd Community Center might also work, would be ~$500, outdoor fighting.

August 2019 Meeting Notes

Hy-Vee East Meeting Room
14 August 2019
Attending:  Tatiana, Jon, Ben, Sophie, Juliana, William, Avelyn, Nonahme, Sifrid, Sheri, Sofya, Stasi, Jutte

Seneschal:

Nothing new

Vincent asked about us helping with a noon inn at the Axed Root event November 2nd.  Juliana and Stasi are interested.

Chatelaine:

We had some fun at National Night Out was August 6th on Tuesday at the Fairground – had a nice shady spot, and we’re lusting after Vincent’s tables.

MOY:

Nothing new.

Exchequer:

The accounts are the same.

A&S:

Last month’s Roman tunica class (male and female) turned out to be very timely – we just found out next Lilies is a Roman theme

August A&S meeting – play with something inspired by Vincent’s activity kits?

Fighter Marshal:

position vacant

Archery Marshal:

Nothing new. 

Chronicler:

Next issue in October – please send stuff.  He has a couple of pictures for the Demo.

Herald:

We have re-submissions sent in for William (being decided) and Stasi (in commentary at Laurel).

Web Minister:

Our web hosting and domain name both expire in September. 

We are moving hosting to the kingdom server keeping the heraldshill.org name

The process is well underway including the conversion to a WordPress site that “anyone” can edit, although it’s a bit on hold until after the Un-Faire

The Shire email forwarding will be managed by G-suite via the Kingdom, more details to come.

Since I’ve been fired along with all other group web ministers who have served more than 2 years, I need a replacement…

Upcoming Events:

St. Augustine’s Un-Faire – Sofya

3 bedrooms claimed for crash space, 1-2 tents planned so far…
Free.  But will have Troll sign-in sheets for liability purpose. 
Donation jar for runzas, garbage, inn supplies.
Encourage to bring feast gear, camp chairs. 

  • Lunch – runzas, plus potluck grazing, leftover cannister of lemonade, lingonberry concentrate.  Encourage feast gear (with backup paper products)
  • Supper – results of outdoor cooking, Stasi (pork roast, chicken a la Stasi, Morrocan lamb, spiced beef, parsnips & carrots, plus beer bread?) and Juliana (pottage, fruit compote, other?) cooking outside for supper. 
  • Outdoor Cooking Demos by Stasi, Juliana, Jutte and Gida
  • Amon coming with 3 stations for lamp working stuff. 
  • Vincent – activity kits Leather molding?
  • Silk banner painting (Juliana to make sure the resist is okay)? 
  • Pre-print painting?  Fabric dying/printing?  Other?

Raise the Dragon!

Off-site archery Avelyn, William – 2 pm-ish carpool off-site at Lime Creek
Fighting can happen if people need to fight.